Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
In a time when we are just beginning to comprehend the possibility that fundamental forces like gravity may not even originate from our dimension and that we're merely shadows on some freakin' cosmic wall, am I the only one who thinks that trying to put anything of divine nature into a human frame of reference is silly?

People are moronic because they try to approach these issues under the impression that they know jack shit about existence. Limited by our paltry senses and merely capable of manipulating existing materials or coming to conclusions based on observable phenomena, we still haven't even started to scrape the surface of the nature of reality, much less what lies beyond it.

Most of you, CA included, are trying way too hard to force a human logical thought process onto something that goes far beyond the scope of mankind. When it comes to fundamental questions that are not provable or disprovable, we are no different from ants trying to digest a textbook on string theory.

My advice? Step back from your personal beliefs, the ever-changing scientific landscape, atheistic dogma, etc. sometimes and realize that too many people in too many places are approaching the subject of God/supernatural anything and such in an arrogant state of mind that brings plenty of self-satisfaction..but very little else.

Don't be like them. Think, ponder, and chuckle at the foolishness of your fellow humans who think their beliefs, or lack thereof, somehow give them an access card to the secrets of the universe.

That is all.
I understand that we will likely never understand the existence of anything out of our own existence. This is why as I said before I agree with the agnostic point of view : to make a claim about the existence of a God or anything along the lines of a metaphysics would be ignorant. I disagree with your point about describing the phenomenon though. It is never healthy to not look for answers without a "logical human" outlook. Just because we can never escape from our human logic doesn't mean we should avoid conversation.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote