Music Banter - View Single Post - Ink
Thread: Ink
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #439 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'm really starting to regret having a tattoo all the way down my forearm. Not because I don't like it, but because I have this embedded notion (that's pretty much correct) about being presentable in the work-place that's getting harder and harder to ignore as I head into my last year of college.
I had the tattoo done in 06' while I was in the army and needless to say, I was drunk and stupid.
I wouldn't have a problem wearing long sleeve shirts in the work-place, but I live in Louisiana and that's just preposterous. It's way too hot and humid here for that.

I'm probably just being prematurely concerned, but I wonder if any of you have entered into corporate-type careers with a visible tattoo, and how was it received?
I'm not worried about what "people" will think... it's more about landing the job/not being laid off.
Depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to go into IT you can dress like a Chicken for all they care, they just want to have their e-mail work.

I know quit a few people with sleeve tattoos and they haven't had issues. But again, its not outlandish for us to wear long sleeves,