Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #7274 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

^ I just love Ellen Page. Awesome as usual. Can't say so about the directing though. It's the typical Music Video director's first feature film. With the excessive slow-motion, the shaky camera that is supposed to add tension but only ends up ruining the mood. It's a kind of huis-clos movie and it should've been directed as thus.

90% of the action happens in one location, and 100% of the movie is based on the two characters of Page and Wilson. I think the classic cold dual that adds tension by the simple way of making us wait would've brought a scenario like this one to the oscars. Kind of like Sidney Lumet's or Mike Nichols' play adaptations. Specially with such great actors giving their characters their best, it really didn't need all these effects.

Still, I liked it. Don't know if it'll stick in my mind long enough, still it made me think of filmmaking, and that's always a good sign.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote