Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #45 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
Why would something with the ability to manipulate everything including itself need petty mind tricks to keep it happy?
what do you think the purpose of ego is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
the universe is simple, the only thing that has ever been complex is finding the path to that which we desire. desire breeds complexity, without desire, no complexity. if we desire a secret meaning to the universe, the universe we live in will be very complex indeed. incomprehensible, even.
it's only simple once you've split your self from your ego and can recognize each for what they really are.

also in regards to your comments on existence and being, in my view i only exist as a reflection the existences of everyone else around me and vice versa. then again my sig isn't a lyric or funny quote either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
When it comes to fundamental questions that are not provable or disprovable, we are no different from ants trying to digest a textbook on string theory.

My advice? Step back from your personal beliefs, the ever-changing scientific landscape, atheistic dogma, etc. sometimes and realize that too many people in too many places are approaching the subject of God/supernatural anything and such in an arrogant state of mind that brings plenty of self-satisfaction..but very little else.

Don't be like them. Think, ponder, and chuckle at the foolishness of your fellow humans who think their beliefs, or lack thereof, somehow give them an access card to the secrets of the universe.
that's a cheap cop out. the difference is that unlike ants, we have the ability to ascribe to personal beliefs. they don't need to be proven or unproven, only respected. don't insult my intelligence and personal mental development by claiming i'm arrogant for wanting personal satisfaction from the strife in my soul and that i achieved it through introspective contemplation and meditation instead of liquor and whores.

your second part is also kind of insulting and bordering on hypocritical. don't be like 'them' here's how to think in instead. whoopee! it's not that a self-founded belief provides one with the secrets of the universe but that it provides one with acceptable answers to all their questions. the big issue i notice with most people is that they're hung up on being right instead of just being, or that they want to give answers to everyone's questions but their own.

it's kind of like CA said, it IS pretty simple. the challenge is bending your ego to let your head wrap itself around the fact that the bigger picture is really just a simple doodle, and in turn none of us are really as complicated or as special as we've all let our ego convince ourselves of in our youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote