Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #47 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
1. A cheap cop out? Get a grip kid. Just because we CAN ascribe to personal beliefs and define ourselves by them doesn't give us an excuse to pull a Richard Dawkins or start up little cults.
i'm not gonna quote everything but how is it still a PERSONAL belief if it's being passed onto and used by anyone else? i'm not advocating cultism here. as for the rest...

really i don't think our views are that divergent, only that you're still a bit of an idealist. if you think spiritual satisfaction only brings surface level happiness then you don't actually have a clue what satisfaction is really about.

as for not having questions about the universe well, that's fine too. i didn't have many either until my late 20s until i'd stared at my bellybutton so much that i finally saw the infinity within myself. you seem to think that i'm somehow afraid or stupid because i've accepted the simplicity of being. i found it to be an incredible challenge to accept, and one that MANY people fail at accomplishing. just because you haven't started conceiving questions about the universe yet doesn't mean you someday won't. there is NO assumption of anything within MY belief and i don't give half a crap whether or not MY belief matters at all to you, odyshape, CA, or anyone else really, because the ONLY person who really has to deal with MY belief is... me.

i'm really not sure what you're getting at with that electromagnetism and gravity bit. school text books have biased and sometimes completely flawed information? unbelievable!

as to your last point it actually goes back to one of my firsts... when your fundamentals might be delusions what do you really have besides belief and why do the specifics of any belief matter if nothing is real? no need for proof, or science, or much of anything, besides a feeling of peace within your soul when you've found YOUR answer.

as for your exercise with the picture, it's already how i perceive myself as an individual within the whole of the human species. like i said earlier i don't think we're that off from each other. really though, how could i have a belief that i only exist as a reflection within other people's existences if i considered them to be simple and expendable?

then again, what if we ARE simple and expendable creature? then what? is your ego willing to let that one slide into the side of 'truth'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote