Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #54 (permalink)
Cressidagater
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post

as for your exercise with the picture, it's already how i perceive myself as an individual within the whole of the human species. like i said earlier i don't think we're that off from each other. really though, how could i have a belief that i only exist as a reflection within other people's existences if i considered them to be simple and expendable?

then again, what if we ARE simple and expendable creature? then what? is your ego willing to let that one slide into the side of 'truth'?
Simple and expendable, to whom though? I am not simple and expendable to myself. Whether I am to others, is none of my concern. Same as how you said, your belief matters to you and no-one else. My existance matters first and foremost to myself and no-one else. I'm here, my mind, thinking, seeing, analysing, searching for truth and peace and goodness. Things that not only satisfy me but fulfill me. Whether that is simple and expendable to anyone is none of my concern really. Simple maybe, certainly not expendable, I would debate that. Purely for the reason that I am not in anyone's expense other than my own.

With my ego you're right man I'd never accept that as some sort of Universal truth - if my place in some sort of universal design is to be the whipping boy or some sort of dog, then that's not a universal design I agree with. That's flawed, I'd declare it Hell and declare it my enemy. Why should I exist as something inferior, when the only thing I am certain of is myself?

Quote:
I believe that happiness is always temporary no matter what and looking for happiness that will last permanently is just a waste of time.
But what's the alternative might I ask sir? Resigning yourself to a state of compromise, accepting a lesser fate? Myself, I'd rather waste my time looking for eternal bliss than accept that there is none.
Cressidagater is offline   Reply With Quote