Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #66 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressidagater View Post
Tuna and dr saltzman, I disagree. You can choose to like vanilla or not. You simply need to ask yourself what you like about it, and what the implications are. Is vanilla something harmful to your body? or is it something good? is there somethign better than vanilla you could eat?
Once again, that's not a choice so much as a combination of genetic makeup (what flavor your tastebuds favor) and social influence (how healthy this ice cream is) and a combination of the two (how concerned you are with how healthy the ice cream is for you). It's like music, can you explain why you like, say, Mayhem when others clearly detest the sound of it? What made you choose to like that sound? You can't explain because it wasn't a choice. I could pretend to like Can until the sun goes down to sound sophisticated, but if I'm truly not into that type of music I can't make myself like it, as much as I'd like to.

Your response is wayyyy too long for me to respond to the rest, as right now I'm just killing time while studying for a final.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote