Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #69 (permalink)
Cressidagater
Account Disabled

Quote:
It's not irrelevant at all, in fact it's what I originally posted and you went off on some other tangent about healthiness and ice cream or something.

And it's complete BS to me that you can think intellectually about chocolate ice cream enough to start liking it if you previously hated it. I'm not talking about appreciating Can's musi, I'm talking about actually liking it. Maybe it takes a few listens to wrap your head around what it is you like, but that's very different from music just not appealing to you

You don't choose what you do. You react to your environment. You eat vanilla ice cream because it appeals to your taste and your hot.

You rape because either you grew up in a dysfunctional family and don't grasp why it's taboo, you recognize that it's unacceptable and do it anyway, or your main drive is pleasure and that comes before all the consequences of raping (lots of these people are probably sociopaths and are physically incapable of sympathizing with who they're raping)

you don't rape because you can sympathize with the person you'd be raping, or you don't care about the person but recognize the consequences you face for getting caught

obviously these are different thought processes, seeing as how everyone thinks and reacts differently to different situations it'd be impossible to cover all of them
If thats what you believe then i'd appreciate it if you stop using the pronoun "you". because I dont do those things, im more than the sum of my environment, my friend. I think methodically, on every action before I do it. Why I'm doing it, what I'll achieve, if there's a better way to achieve that. I dont run around like a headless chicken acting off supressed childhood memories and neurosis.

If I eat ice cream because im hot, then I have CHOSEN to eat ice cream, to cool me down, because im hot. Its preposterous and quite ridiculous that you're stuck on the point of whether I chose to be hot or not in the first place. You decide what YOU do. Unforeseen outside factors may affect you. thats life. but still you decide what YOU do with your own mind and body. Reacting to your environment, IS choosing. But to say that one HAS to rape because of how they were brought up is insulting - you're condemning people. Why should they rape? I can teach them why not to, and how they can get greater joy from life. And if I cant, well then humanity and co-existance is flawed, and this whole conversation is irrelevant, because I dont give a **** about anyone who HAS to do anything. i dunno what that is but its inferior in my eyes, if it cant make its own decisions. Thats not my definition of Human.
Cressidagater is offline   Reply With Quote