Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #70 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressidagater View Post
If thats what you believe then i'd appreciate it if you stop using the pronoun "you". because I dont do those things, im more than the sum of my environment, my friend. I think methodically, on every action before I do it. Why I'm doing it, what I'll achieve, if there's a better way to achieve that. I dont run around like a headless chicken acting off supressed childhood memories and neurosis.
if you like to think you're above it all and the world is a cookie jar for you to pluck from, more power to you. apparently nature gave you a distorted sense of optimisim.

humans are animals, and that methodic thinking you do is thanks to that brain you were given by nature

and I've been using "you" as an application to anyone. I thought that was obvious seeing as how I said you don't like Mayhem even though i have no idea what you're music tastes are like

Quote:
If I eat ice cream because im hot, then I have CHOSEN to eat ice cream, to cool me down, because im hot. Its preposterous and quite ridiculous that you're stuck on the point of whether I chose to be hot or not in the first place. You decide what YOU do. Unforeseen outside factors may affect you. thats life. but still you decide what YOU do with your own mind and body. Reacting to your environment, IS choosing. But to say that one HAS to rape because of how they were brought up is insulting - you're condemning people. Why should they rape? I can teach them why not to, and how they can get greater joy from life. And if I cant, well then humanity and co-existance is flawed, and this whole conversation is irrelevant, because I dont give a **** about anyone who HAS to do anything. i dunno what that is but its inferior in my eyes, if it cant make its own decisions. Thats not my definition of Human.
i'm not insulting anyone, i'm simply stating the way things are. i personally feel for people who were raped, but that's just me and not everyone else

the only ridiculous thing is the condescending attitude you decided to take towards me in an otherwise civilized (and extremely complicated) debate
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote