Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
I know, and the worst part is I'm actually straight. I just deal with the facts that every man is a perv to some degree. As are women. Maybe it was sexist but it's true. I have sympathy for rapists actually - but still the point is it's not good to try and sugarcoat such a violent act.
Who's sugar coating it? At what point during this thread did it say rape was acceptable or morally okay? Not every man is a 'perv', nor are they any other stereotype you'd like to through at them. If you're going to comment again, please make it a little more thought through.

Oh and to the member who said about women raping men, good point - rape isn't just a mans act.

Tore you definitely have some good points, being from a biological background will indeed give you some knowledge on the biological beginnings of rape. One question I'd like to raise, in native tribes which are very secluded from the world, is there a higher tendency of rape? Now this in no way is meant to make them seem inferior or immoral I just have heard some stories that some African tribes for example the women is chosen by the man through some manner and had forced the woman to have sexual intercourse with him. It's something that perhaps not all communities will look down on, maybe just turn their eyes away from it.

What do you guys think?