Music Banter - View Single Post - Concept Song (Acoustic, singing)
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
AaronMitchell
Groupie

Thanks for the reply!!

Quote:
I listened to your acoustic guitar song. I felt the guitar was nicely strummed with a good rhythm, although the chords seemed somewhat repetitive.
Thanks. And the song ended up going a lot longer than I meant to. I only had a short unrefined set of lyrics set up... but I kinda zoned out and kept going.

Quote:
Your voice sounds solid and strong. The chant-like quality of the melody, however, makes me think of the song more as background music rather than a stand-alone song, especially since understanding the words was difficult for me.
Thanks again! And I waa mumbling a bit, and kind of singing like I was out of breath. To be honest, though the song was longer than I intended... it turned out how I envisioned it. The whole atmosphere was intended, singing and guitar included. I didn't really write this intended for this to be listened to often, or really more than once. It's a concept song, an experimentation like you said.

Again, thanks a bunch for the reply and criticism! Tomorrow I'll record and upload a few more "mainstream-esque" and "easily-er listenable to" songs.

edit:

The Lyrics for those who can't understand them! Probably a lot of you... I wasn't singing too clearly.

Lyrics
Quote:
and now you know
and find the truth
that you sorted out
Only war ends
only conflict finds it

Now you go on
to find the place
where they all hide their face
it's a masquerade for all the
ghosts,
and they all find your home.

more than nothing,
more than one
more than one

Last edited by AaronMitchell; 07-22-2010 at 03:50 AM.
AaronMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote