Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape
Thread: Rape
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #75 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
the irony is that even in the absence of free will, because we all experience freedom we can still talk as though it exists. just because we don't "get to choose who we are" doesn't mean that all our actions are excused--just because i didn't "choose" to be a moral person doesn't mean that my morality is somehow invalidated, and just because i didn't "choose" to share those morals with others doesn't mean that it's somehow a pointless enterprise, since I can still make others more ethical through my own ethical behavior even if there is no "i" and no "you." (as he says, we're mostly influenced by our peers) the whole free will argument is basically completely meaningless, and really has no bearing on ethics or morality.
but... but, BUT.... that would mean i would have to take personal responsibility for the actions i choose to take or avoid based on internal influences and, and... i might do something that most people would consider unacceptable and it's just not fair.... not fair at all! that i would have to be punished and forced to take responsibility for doing something that i chose to not exert any self-control over. NOT FAIR!!! WHY DOES MY CAKE DISAPPEAR WHEN I EAT IT?!?!????!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote