Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #57 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i know this doesn't prove anything, but you do realize a lot of religions take the fleeting nature of happiness as a starting point, right? the whole "point" of buddhism is to escape samsara, the endless dialectic of pain and pleasure, which the buddha ultimately said stems for the desire to continue to exist...
so like the Corgan said, to be the beginning of the end of the beginning or the end of the beginning of the end? or perhaps to be everything and nothing, the Zero if you will. (i'm hoping you get a chuckle from my lighthearted comments instead of thinking i'm being derisive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cressidagater View Post
With my ego you're right man I'd never accept that as some sort of Universal truth - if my place in some sort of universal design is to be the whipping boy or some sort of dog, then that's not a universal design I agree with. That's flawed, I'd declare it Hell and declare it my enemy. Why should I exist as something inferior, when the only thing I am certain of is myself?
i completely and thoroughly agree with this. i tossed out the simple and expendable bit as food for thought. it's not so much that i think we're expendable as a whole, more that i don't think the individual is as special or un-expendable as most like to convince themselves of. the world won't end when my body dies, only my personal physical reflection of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,

Last edited by mr dave; 07-22-2010 at 07:00 AM.
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote