Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is your favourite character from Friends?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
glastonelle
lets make a mess, lioness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
I have this one friend who doesn't like it and well.. he can go fuck himself, lol
The only person who I know that doesnt like it is my mum. And I dont really think thats counts, seeing as her idea of a good tv show is Coronation St and 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I'm a people critic. Even moreso than a music critic or an art critic or an ideals critic or a philosophy critic or a politics critic. I just seem to have more of an interest in having people and their behaviors under a microscope than anything else. I guess a lot could be said about that, in context with distracting myself from my own flaws, but I'm the harshest critic of myself and to me, it's healthy.

It's just easier to say something about fictional characters like the ones in Friends because they're fictional and won't hurt anyone in particular, but they're also representations of the people who identify with them on certain levels and I think that speaks more to my interest than sitting around idly and watching someone else live their fake lives.
You put much more thought into this that I do. When I watch Friends I just watch it, I dont really analyze. But thats not the point.

It is healthy, and I see where your coming from. I'm a bit of a critic myself, but of more superficial things, not really judgement of character. Im far too lazy for that. I'm interested in your philosophy critisism though. I took a course in it not to long ago and I'd like to hear your opinion on the whole matter, if thats okay?
glastonelle is offline   Reply With Quote