Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is your favourite character from Friends?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by glastonelle View Post
The only person who I know that doesnt like it is my mum. And I dont really think thats counts, seeing as her idea of a good tv show is Coronation St and 24

You put much more thought into this that I do. When I watch Friends I just watch it, I dont really analyze. But thats not the point.

It is healthy, and I see where your coming from. I'm a bit of a critic myself, but of more superficial things, not really judgement of character. Im far too lazy for that. I'm interested in your philosophy critisism though. I took a course in it not to long ago and I'd like to hear your opinion on the whole matter, if thats okay?
Well I don't particularly criticize philosophy in general. I'm more a critic of certain human tendencies to subscribe to certain philosophies and how it reflects on them. But that's a whole different can of worms that needs its own thread and populous, complete with convenient examples.

Anyway, I never get enjoyment out of just idly watching something on TV. The majority of the stuff I watch is either educational or thought-provoking. I do like comedy as well, but that's sort of a mood thing for me. Otherwise, there needs to be some kind of stimulation.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote