Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I agree with this. I also think there are very good reasons that some *** guys might want to be very outspoken about their sexuality. Most of the world unfortunately is still very hostile to homosexuality. By putting it out there in a very obvious way they're protecting themselves from blindsiding the wrong person with that bit of information.
Yes, that's a valid reason. There are some countries where talking about it will get you a jail sentence, or some even more ghastly form of abuse. I myself am g.a.y. and have been to some LGBT communites/pubs etc. and have found that g.a.y. people do talk a lot about their sexualities and lifestyles, but in most cases it's a counter-attack to the stigma attached to homosexuality. And a lot of the time, straight people are generally interested, and ask a lot of questions about it. Even with one of my close friends (who is g.a.y.), I find myself talking about homosexuality a lot, moreso about other people's reactions to it than our own feelings on the matter. It's easy to assume g.a.y. people make too big a deal out of their sexualities, but really, how big a deal does the world make being g.a.y. out to be? Big enough to banish/stigmatise it in places, consider it a taboo in others.

And why is g.a.y. censored? It's not even an offensive term.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote