Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts II: What You Think About MB Members' Taste In Music
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #202 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Boo Boo - I find Boo Boo to be the most frustrating person on here as he clearly does have a lot of interesting things to say about music but he wastes it all on the same handful of bands he was taking about 4 years ago.
Also it's almost like he's afraid to have any of his own opinions on something. Just take a look at any band he likes. All the albums that are considered good HE finds good, all the albums that are considered average HE finds average, all the albums that are considered bad HE finds bad. His taste in music almost comes across like a generic all music guide write up. There's so sentimentality, there are no stories , there are no little personal quirks in his tastes.
And it also seems to me that unless it's technical or commercial he has absolutely no idea what makes a song good, which is why he always does things like run down folk music because they're not great guitarists or great singers, totally missing the point of what folk music actually is.
And let's ignore his idea that emotion in music can't be a factor as to why something is good, possibly the saddest thing I have ever seen any fan of music say.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote