Music Banter - View Single Post - For Artists: How Did You Discover Your Musical Style?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Boy
Music Addict

Default For Artists: How Did You Discover Your Musical Style?

Hello everyone, it's been sometime since I have considered making this post. Out of frustration and my interest in fellow artists creativity, I am finally going to make this post.

I need some advice in the direction I should take in my musical career or how I can find the right direction.
Currently I have already gone through several different stages as far as my music and writing are concerned. I began attempting
a Patti Smith/Jim Morrison style of writing, which evolved into a more pop-based Morrissey style of writing. Then when I was 19,
I had an obsession with Bowie and anything glam rock. The one genre that always seems to hang over my head is dance/pop.
I suppose that would be the best direction for myself, since I have a natural dancer's instinct when it comes to rhythmic music. However,
I love electric guitars, metal riffs, and the style and swagger of rock stars.

How did you choose your style? Did it take you time or was it an instant desicion? When you found your style did you
just know that is was the right choice for you?

What have your experiences been as a musician that helped you improve and find your direction?

Last edited by The Boy; 07-24-2010 at 09:34 PM.
The Boy is offline   Reply With Quote