Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #1976 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Dude there were people pulling off multple kills using only a f*cking knife, and not simply through camping. I think it's easy to find people who are actually good at the game.

Is the game chaotic? But for multiplayer games I prefer chaos to ridiculously strict and controlled environments, call me a sadist.

While your criticisms have validity I don't think it makes it a terrible game. Overall the quality of the gameplay depends on how you cooperate with the other players and if you manage to set up team battles with as few dirty players as possible then there will be balance. This may require extra effort and regulation than the game you prefer, but it's not impossible and I still think it's unfair to dismiss the game for how some people choose to abuse it. It's pretty much impossible for a game not to be abused in some way.

There is no fun in abusing, but I think enough fans of the game realise that.
Dude, the knife only takes one hit to kill. All someone has to do is basically run into you and press a button. It's "supposed" to be balanced because of the fact it's hard to sneak up on people to use it unless they're camping, but it's also really easy to dispense noobs with, and noobs are the targets most of the time because they're always the one's sitting in one spot for too long. I'm not just talking about MW2 either... BC2 is the same thing. While I'm not saying the knife needs to be nerfed, because it's certainly not spammed by anyone other than people hunting for dogtags (in BC2) and I agree that if you can get knife kills, you sorta deserve them, but don't mistake being knifed for being killed by a pro. Think of it as being killed by a knife because you were doing something very wrong.

Also, I never said MW2 was a terrible game. Nor is BC2 nor any other FPS I've played. The people that play it are what make the game what it is. All I'm saying is that if the developers made it harder for a specific style of playing to become the monopoly, the game would be enjoyed by more people. After all, everyone who's playing it paid for it. They should all have the same opportunities without having to spam an overpowered gun or resort to a specific type of play to achieve it.

I think you should play online FPS for a couple months and then get back to me about what you think. Having played it once isn't enough. Once you get over the initial "Oh this is cool" phase and actually start trying to make some achievements and establish a team that works well and devise strategies, you'll begin to see all the things I'm talking about and how they affect the overall gameplay.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote