Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #74 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

* I think Natalia Lafourcade deserves two more songs. En el 2000 ("In Year 2000") and Solamente te lo doy a ti ("I Just Give It to You"):

* Another Mexican singer-songwriter: Julieta Venegas. Algo está cambiando ("Something is Changing") and Me voy ("I Leave")

Now I continue with the golden age, because we only have explored a small part of it.

* Objetivo Birmania (1982-1991) also deserves two songs more. Their early years (1982-1986) were the best ones. Afterwards most members left the band and it became just a female trio. I've found some videos of groups from the early 80's with a good image quality, because a YT user recorded the TV programs himself with a Beta home video recorder (we all heard sometime that Betamax was much better than VHS, and many didn't want to believe it, but it turns out to be the fu**ing truth). This has enabled me to see again how cute and adorable the "birmettes" were. These songs are No te aguanto más ("I Can't Stand You Anymore") and Incognito:

* Olé Olé (1982-1993). Had two female vocalists: Vicky Larraz and Marta Sánchez. They both started solo careers after leaving the band.

* Azul y Negro (since 1981). Pioneers of Spanish technopop together with Aviador Dro. In the early 80's some of their songs were very popular, even outside Spain. Like Me estoy volviendo loco ("I'm Losing My Mind") and No tengo tiempo ("I Have No Time").

♫ ♪ "(...)
Me estoy volviendo loco.....I'm losing my mind...
Me estoy volviendo loco.....I'm losing my mind...
Me estoy volviendo loco...
..I'm losing my mind...
Poco a poco.....Little by little
Poco a poco....Little by little...
(...)" ♫