Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #204 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I agree with you that a "wrong" lifestyle choice is to try and oppress or threaten the lives of others, since as a vegan I oppose threatening (and taking) the lives of others.

I also agree that people shouldn't be expected to follow biological possibilities as if they were rules. Whether or not some behavior is "natural" does not determine for me whether that behavior is a "good" one that I want people to do; instead, I look at the actual behavior and consider it on its own merits.

For example, having leg hair hurts no one, so a society that demonizes women who have/keep their body hair is a society that I want to change. Similarly, loving and being in a romantic relationship with someone who is of the same sex hurts no one, so a society that demonizes homosexuality is one that I want to change.

Supporting women who have leg hair and supporting people who are homosexual are linked in that both causes try to make it okay for people to be who they are naturally when that naturalness does not hurt others.
Yeah we already have like 20 threads where we argue about the legshaving thing so I'm keeping this brief.

People have a right to do anything they want as long as they don't try to make others feel inferior because theirs isn't the "right" choice.

Simple right?

But when I mean threaten the lives of others I meant other people. I understand why people go vegan and everything and I know that some people like you can still be respectful to those who don't share their point of view.

But just like anyone else who gets too wrapped up in a cause they can often make sh*t up to scare or guilt trip people into joining their clique. No belief system (unless based on solipsism or bigotry against other people) is inherently bad, it's when people can't make the distinction between a subjective point of view and what should be the law of the land. Every philosophical idea can and has been corrupted for this reason.

Weither you're a hardcore vegan or a christian crusader, everyone can find ways to justify their cause by cherry picking facts that are consistant with it and ignoring facts that are not, I'm absolutely sure that any cause or belief can be justified this way.

So overall I confess to not believing in any objective morals. I only believe in one and that is not trying to control or change someone else's lifestyle, or rape and kill people or take their sh*t, of course.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-25-2010 at 05:31 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote