Music Banter - View Single Post - Innovative art forms
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Default Innovative art forms

Wanted to get your opinions on this one. I was thinking the other day while I was playing a video game (Red Dead: Redemption) on how video games actually seem to be getting better and better as time goes on, for me at least. I think the increasingly large worlds and improved graphics are making for some of the best games to ever have come out and it's a far cry from the days of Nintendo. I, for one, consider it an improvement (although I know some people who beg to differ )

As for music, I think that for reasons I'm not quite sure of, has reached sort of a lapse in creativeness. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some guy born 20 years after the Beatles broke up who clings to his copy of Sgt. Pepper, I do love tons of current music. However, I don't think many people will dispute me when I say the innovation in music has slowed down as of late.

So I just came up with this random question: currently, what form of art do you think is currently seeing the largest boom in creativity?

I say video games since they're still relatively new compared to the other options and they have a lot more to expand.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote