Music Banter - View Single Post - Innovative art forms
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I didn't say they were but they have the potential to be. I'm talking about the games as a whole and just their components like the graphics and music, of course THESE things can be art.

There is such a term as interactive art. Games have the potential to essentially be interactive movies and if movies can be art so can video games, if anything video games could have even more potential because there's a special relatiobship between the designer of the game and the person playing it.

How many people have seen a great painting or watched a great movie and wished they could be totally immersed into that world? Video games have the potential to be a form of art that immerses you and interacts with you in a way nothing else can. They can explore the same things and raise the same questions any piece of art can.

If more people started making artistic games I think that would be great, but I fear what would happen if the game community started being taken over by pretentious f*ckwads who forget that video games are first and foremost supposed to be fun and enjoyable. There's already this pretentious f*ckwad from IGN (Michael Thompson) who is trying to review video games in the same way you review works of art and it's just a stupid, obnoxious gimmick that I hope never becomes a new fad in video game journalism.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-25-2010 at 04:10 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote