Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #7344 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Haha, it was just a fun action/romance/crime flick. I didn't think it was possible to hate it.
No it isn't. It doesn't masquerade as a fun movie. It masquerades as a 'Cool' movie and presents itself with a moral compass that I have no choice but to view it as such. That's why B movies work. You don't expect anything from them and they don't present themselves as such, so that's why I can dig Jean Claude Van Damme movies. They don't ask moral questions or even expect you to think. They are just 6 pack beer movies and I appreciate them as that but when a film obviously does have a modicum of intelligence then I am going to dissect it a lot more than a B movie and it better add up for me and True Romance doesn't for me at all.

It's not as though I only watch meathead movies and compare everything against them. I am VERY serious about my films but I like B movies as much as something like Salo or The Warrior.

True Romance falls into neither category and just ends up being a film with VERY serious intent only when it needs it and otherwise apes 70's/80's exploitation movies and therefore I just cannot get into it.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote