Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #7346 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Even if it does try and present it way in a cool way, for me it was just fun. It's a film that doesn't have a moral compass, farcical things happen, there's nothing do dissect there. There's nothing to it other than it being a love story intertwined with crime. There's no depth to it, it was just an enjoyable watch when I saw it. I've only seen it the once, maybe it might get worse with each watch.

But for me it was definitely good fun, and I don't really care what its intentions were.
If there is no depth to it then why is it so intense in the Walken/Hooper face off? The scene was not played for fun at all. Cramming in so many 'cool' characters which it obviously intended makes a mockery of it's B movie intentions which of course it isn't. It was directed on a decent budget by one of the Scott brothers!

There are some good set pieces and lines of dialogue in the film but that's not enough. It's a B movie script given high gloss by Hollywood and fails to be neither.

I have seen it 4 times now to almost convince myself that my views are wrong but I still have the same opinion. Of course if you like it I am cool with that honestly but it's not a 'fun' movie at all for me. Maybe if it was a low budget movie without fanfare, I could have enjoyed it more.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote