Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #7348 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
If there is no depth to it then why is it so intense in the Walken/Hooper face off? The scene was not played for fun at all. Cramming in so many 'cool' characters which it obviously intended makes a mockery of it's B movie intentions which of course it isn't. It was directed on a decent budget by one of the Scott brothers!

There are some good set pieces and lines of dialogue in the film but that's not enough. It's a B movie script given high gloss by Hollywood and fails to be neither.

I have seen it 4 times now to almost convince myself that my views are wrong but I still have the same opinion. Of course if you like it I am cool with that honestly but it's not a 'fun' movie at all for me. Maybe if it was a low budget movie without fanfare, I could have enjoyed it more.
Well, like I said. I wasn't really bothered about the intention, if it actually was meant to be a really serious cool film, then it has a bit more pretense than I first thought, but if I find what's meant to be a really intense dramatic film hilarious, then so be it. It doesn't take away the enjoyment factor.

I just remember really enjoying True Romance, I didn't even know what the budget was and I wasn't aware it had a real strong fan base. I knew it was favoured by the critics.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote