Music Banter - View Single Post - Innovative art forms
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith! View Post
wtf? couldn't that be said about any art form? somethings are deeper then others. saying they don't touch you on any other level than the surface is total bull, as lots of stories from video games have affected me in my day to day life.

aaaah, this could explain the ignorance
It's not ignorance at all, video games aren't that f*cking pretentious to touch your life in deeper ways. And that's what's good about them. It doesn't matter if you're stabbing hoes on GTA, or playing Final Fantasy, or Halo, or Call of Duty. They're just there for entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know how they can touch your life in a way like great music or great literature or great cinema. Every video game I've played, the story line always feels underdeveloped, I can't relate to the character like I can with someone like Travis in Taxi Driver, or a person telling a story through song like Ian Curtis.

I know I'm the minority but if a video game can touch your life in deep ways then Jesus Christ. I'm not THAT into games as you can tell, so if anyone tries to go into great detail about how amazing games are it won't mean a lot.. But out of interest, what games have touched your life in a thought provoking manner?

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote