Music Banter - View Single Post - How You Book Shows
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
phoenixflames
Something That You're Not

Default How You Book Shows

I couldn't really find an exact place for this thread so I figured I would stick it here. Not many forums under the artist corner.

Anyway, I've been in various bands for several years, and we have played alot of shows. My question for you all is: How do you book shows for your band, and how do you effectively promote the shows and sell tickets?

We seem to get alot of shows through word of mouth. Also, since we are on a ton of sites on the internet, people contact us and ask us to play. We also get back into alot of the places we have already played by asking the booking manager.

As far as promotion for shows, we post them on our website and try to get people to come by word of mouth. This is an area we seem to struggle alot in. Its hard to get alot of people to come because where we play mostly (nearest big city) is over an hour away. We usually pack our van to as full as possible, but it would be nice to get some new people. Any ideas?
We're from Ohio.
Yay for us...
www.theascentofterrion.com
Be our friend on MySpace
phoenixflames is offline   Reply With Quote