Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bald Chick Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #158 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy1138 View Post
I've been reluctant to post in the other parts of the board because I haven't quite gotten a sense of how seriously you guys take your music around here. I just stumbled across this thread and found what appeared to be a kindred spirit, so I popped in to say hello and ended up staying. I've got pretty wide-ranging taste in music, and a substantial collection of stuff mostly from the 70s-80s (pop, new wave, metal, prog, southern rock, blues rock, Canadian rock), but I wouldn't say my knowledge of music is that in-depth.

When it comes to obscure knowledge, I'm more of a b-grade movie buff, so I'm actually a fan of Persis Khambatta on multiple levels.
Every other music forum I've been to has been ridiculously biased towards a specific kind of music, and this one is by far the most balanced and diverse music forum that I know.

There's metalheads (Sljslj), hardcore kids (Alfred, Captain Caveman), punks (Paloma), hip hoppers (Loathsome Pete, Kirby), brit poppers (Urban), indie kids (Rickenbacker, Stone Birds), jazz connoisseurs (Satchmo), 50s and 60s rock n roll/r&b purists (Jedey), electro kids (Sidwinder, Kayleigh), 90s alt rock kids (Violent & Funky), prog rockers (Tore, Anteater), classic rockers (Neopolitan) and a combination of classic rocker and prog rocker (Me).

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote