Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Linkin Park
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #197 (permalink)
trying2breakthehabit
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistfulOfSky
hmmm.
i thought this post had died out.
ah well it seems it has been revived.

perhaps i'm a lil biased when it comes to LP. i've spent too much time on LPC where everyone ONLY talks about LP.
but that doesn't change my opinion on Collision Course.
as for the rap meets rock i didn't mean specifically for the music world. i meant for ME.
i HATE rap.
can't stand rap.
refuse to listen to anything rap.

but i actually listened to Collision Course and liked it.
i wouldn't say that it was LP's best ablum and certainly not one of my favorite but i do RESPECT it.

and as for Linkin Park being main stream on only hitting MTV.
you obviously must not know much about the band.
they were underground since the early 90's until idiots started playing them on the radio. Linkin Park was underground way longer then they were known.
i would PERFER LP to be underground again.
i hate what the radio and stupid brain washing music channels have to say about bands that really don't care if their known or not.
if you wanna hear real LP thats NOT main stream check out LP before they were known as Linkin Park and were called Hybrid Theory.
or check out Chester Bennigton's old band that was
also underground, Grey Daze. or Phoenix's underground band, Snax.
theres even countless numbers of demos when they were first formed that NO ONE can get a hold of.

and if Collision Course did change your opinion about being a Linkin Park fan you were never a fan in the first place.
if you choose to commit to a band you commit to ALL OF IT.
whether you like some of their material 100 % or not.

and where do you all get your opinions from concerning Linkin Park?
VH1? MTV? The Radio?
do you even take the time to listen to the whole ablum before you judge it?
if all you do is to get your opinions is hear one or two songs on the radio then you really have to buisness voicing your opinion in the first place.

and if Linkin Park is so bad i'd really be interested in to hear what you listen to.
Green Day?

for those of you who gave a civilized response and had right to, thanx.

BRAVO! I couldn't have said it better myself. Yeah the CD wasn't that great but at least LP took a chance to do something that THEY wanted to do instead of what the public wanted them to do. Good job! Don't listen to these hypocritical judgemental bastards.

*Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun*
trying2breakthehabit is offline   Reply With Quote