Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #7384 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post

It was okay, very cliché.

Show me the money!
You complete me.
You had me at hello.

Spoiler for Jerry Maguire:
I don't get what really changed for Jerry from not really loving his wife, to going away, seeing his one client get injured, coming back and then deciding she was the one and the love of his life. It seemed a bit underdeveloped.
Spoiler for Jerry Maguire:
It's possible that when Jerry and Dorothy got married it wasn't the way he wanted things to go, nor was he ready for marriage. I think the high level of emotion at the press conference after the game where Rod is injured (ie. when Rod's on the phone with Marcie) makes Jerry realize that he really "can't be alone" and that needs to be with somebody (Dorothy). It might also have something to do with Ray and how much Dorothy wanted him to have some sort of father figure in his life. I have to agree that the story is underdeveloped here.

That's just how I interpreted it and it probably doesn't make any sense at all! It's late here and I'm tired!

Last movie I saw:

The Sorcerer's Apprentice at a drive-in! My thoughts: MEH. Wooden acting as usual from Nicolas Cage but Jay Baruchel was good. Too much CGI and not enough story development. Plot holes everywhere. Though I must say that Disney made an okay effort at turning the short Fantasia sequence into a movie. I originally thought this movie would be a Harry Potter copy but it's not. It doesn't even come close to being as good as the HP movies.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote