Music Banter - View Single Post - Florence and the Machine
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Florence and the Machine

Not seeing anything on them so...

From the Wiki...
Quote:

Florence and the Machine (sometimes stylised as Florence + the Machine)[2] is the recording name of Rock [1] English artist Florence Welch and a collaboration of other artists who provide backing music for her voice. Florence and the Machine's sound has been described as a combination of various genres, including rock and soul.[3] The band's music has received praise across the music media before they gained mainstream success, especially from the BBC who played a large part in Florence and the Machine's rise to prominence by promoting her as part of BBC Introducing.[4]

The band's debut album, Lungs was released on 6 July 2009, and held the No. 2 position for its first five weeks in the UK Album Chart.[5] On 17 January 2010, the album reached No. 1 on the UK album chart, having remained in the chart for 28 consecutive weeks up until that point.[6] The album has been within the top 40 in the United Kingdom for 52 consecutive weeks, making it one of the best selling albums of 2009 and 2010 so far. At the 2010 BRIT Awards, Lungs won the "Mastercard British Album" award.[7]
I'm hearing this song and I don't think its for me. I was saying the other day, having heard that Neon Tree's song "Animal" that this would be the year Indie went commercial. I don't know if its true but corporate America seems to have figured out something of a formula and I see that formula being applied here as well. Not to mention the lead singer (who I assume is Florence) looks like Tori Amos in this video.

Also, this came out in 2009? Adidasss - you dropped the ball on this one.