Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #7400 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Wow... I went into this thinking that it was going to be there attempt at getting back on the air... how very wrong I was. EVERYTHING that got this TV series canceled was raised exponentially for this movie to the point where it just wasn't funny anymore. I think that's what made the tv series funny, the fact that it was a TV series and there are certain standards and lines that you just can't cross, yet the show continually tip-toed across that line. When that is your comedic selling point, the joke becomes tiring when that's all you ever seem to do. To the creator's credit they do at least announce this fact pretty early into the movie and even poke fun at the show for getting canceled. The whole theme of the movie is "What is the point?", essentially stating that you can be as offensive and foul as you want, as long as you're doing so to prove a point, a la South Park. However the Drawn Together cast realize that they have no point, that they are just foul and offensive for the sake of being... foul and offensive.

Besides the underlying theme of the movie, the story is incredibly poor and not paced out that well at all. I dunno, deconstructing it anymore seems like waste of time because it's Drawn Together, the show with the depth of a wooden spoon. If you liked the series I would advise you to stay away from the movie because it's really not worth it. The funniest stuff in the entire movie were the lines from a robotic destroyer known as Intelligent Smart Robot Animation Eraser Lady or I.S.R.A.E.L.

You know your movie is bad when I feel ripped off for wasting the bandwidth to download the thing.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote