Music Banter - View Single Post - The Paradox Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I like your brain. Let me play with it for a moment.

If you're to think of the big bang as an explosion, it doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Not so much because of the uniformity of temperature and all that, as that's been sorta explained by inflation theory, but in the actual manner it "banged". The distribution of energy, later to cool and form matter, later to be affected by gravity and form our universe, would have to have banged INTO something. Nothing isn't a viable option (bear with me here). But first think about the universe itself... We already know that empty space is not the absence of everything. It's filled with something. Science calls it dark matter at the moment, but it's just a name for something we can't see but logically know is there. That something NEEDS to be the fabric in which all matter exists... we can really just chalk existence up to "taking advantage of having something to float in" if you really think about it.
Something can't exist in nothing. Not if we're using science and logic. The fabric of nothing (or probably better termed, the fabric of what we can't see or measure at this time) had to come from somewhere. But where?
Was it always here? If so, what created it?

What if, during the singularity and resultant big bang, nothing was created. And by nothing, I mean the undefinable shit we're floating around in. But not created out of a necessity of being there, but pouring in through a leak from somewhere else? Another universe perhaps?
What if the singularity was actually a hole being opened from the layer between a universe and absolute nothingness and existence itself poured into and created a pocket universe that we now live in, like water being injected into a bowl of jello through a syringe...

I know this all sounds crazy, and people are probably wondering if I'm on acid or not, but I just wanted to throw some creative ideas out there to you, as they're all in realms of paradox-land, and see what you might toss back. I love that shit.
Yeah I'm thinking I'm in over my head on this one, but lemme try and wrap my head around it.

From how I always saw it, all the matter and everything that exists (dark matter included) was once packed tightly into a marble with a very high density, so I don't THINK that anything was created from the big bang, so much as spread out.

As for what dimension the actual big bang existed in, you got me on that one. Consult the link I posted above, because it's beyond my knowledge.

The whole pouring in from the universe is some crazy **** that's making my head spin. In other words, I love it! You talk about a layer of nothingness that the singularity had to go through. My question is, what's nothingness composed of? As far as the other Universes, where did they originate from? Where's the original Universe and how did it get it's start? Just some questions to throw back at ya and your theory.

Which brings up the idea of black holes and their theorized portals to other parts of the Universe (or maybe other Universe's)?
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote