Music Banter - View Single Post - The Paradox Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Yeah I'm thinking I'm in over my head on this one, but lemme try and wrap my head around it.

From how I always saw it, all the matter and everything that exists (dark matter included) was once packed tightly into a marble with a very high density, so I don't THINK that anything was created from the big bang, so much as spread out.
I agree, but where did the matter come from? It had to come from somewhere.

Quote:
As for what dimension the actual big bang existed in, you got me on that one. Consult the link I posted above, because it's beyond my knowledge.

The whole pouring in from the universe is some crazy **** that's making my head spin. In other words, I love it! You talk about a layer of nothingness that the singularity had to go through. My question is, what's nothingness composed of? As far as the other Universes, where did they originate from? Where's the original Universe and how did it get it's start? Just some questions to throw back at ya and your theory.

Which brings up the idea of black holes and their theorized portals to other parts of the Universe (or maybe other Universe's)?
Think of nothingness as an infinitely large bowl of water, provided we're assuming the water isn't actually anything, for this mind experiment. We'll use the water as our version of absolute nothingness. Now, drop in some oil. This will be our space fabric, which contains whatever matter we put inside it, following the same rules as the fabric in which it exists. Since oil is not soluble in water, the oil exists as its own little drops in a medium of which it is both unaware, and unconcerned with, but that medium facilitates its existence during this given instance. All matter and items within these droplets of oil are strictly adhered to the properties and laws of the oil, and not the water facilitating it.

Now think of our universe. It is comprised of uncountable numbers of various formations comprised of matter, which we know as galaxies, stars, suns, planets, dust, energy, etc., and it's all existing in SOMETHING. A common medium. Something that can facilitate the validity of actually being there. "something to float in". But what's outside of it? Well, we call this water, nothing. Only, unlike the scenario I've used, actual nothing has no physical properties to restrain what's being put in it. There are no dimensional restraints, no viscosity levels... all that exists in it is the propensity for something to fill it.

Now where it really becomes mind-bending directly addresses your question, "what is nothing comprised of". Well, in short, it has to be... nothing. Nothing isn't comprised of anything. It's not a barrier. It absolutely can't be, because it would then be considered "something", and would have to be comprised of some type of matter. So if we assume that nothing is actually not comprised of anything, you come to the conclusion that there is nothing stopping our universe from expanding. What would be stopping it? If you put a large amount of "something" into "nothing", why would it NOT expand given the vast amounts of compressed "stuff"? Nothing is stopping it.

The critical part is that there can only be so much "stuff" in the first place, unless there's a steady leak... which we (assumingly) know there isn't. So you can conclude that there is a limited universe in which we live in. It "leaked in" or "exploded in" our canvas of nothingness, and expanded into the infinite void of propensity to be filled. Or you can just call it "space" in a non-traditional sense of the word... like pouring a gallon of paint onto a canvas the size of New York... At some point, the paint is going to stop spreading, because there isn't enough paint pressure left in the center of it to drive the outward force.

That makes logical sense to me, but the conflicting news is that science is actually witnessing the expansion accelerating. To me, that means one of two things... Either everything we assume about the creation of the universe is fundamentally wrong, or whatever leaked into our existence is still leaking. We can't create more energy than we already have. It's coming from somewhere other than what already exists for us.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote