Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #3661 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

well firstly, I CAN see the appeal of Muse. I'm not really saying their early stuff is awful, although most of it does bore me to tears. Some of the newer songs I've heard genuinely annoy me though, I just can't stand Matt Bellamy's voice in all honesty. Normally I don't have much gripe with vocalists, but that guy is one of the few that really grates on me at times.

To me Muse always seemed one of those bands that would be a good 'gateway' for young people who want to get into better music. By the time I first heard Muse I was already listening to a lot of different stuff, and they simply held no interest for me then and they certainly don't now. Maybe if I'd been 13 and I'd heard Plug In Baby then it would have been different, who knows. What I'm saying is, having been exposed to a variety of diverse music before I ever heard Muse, I had no interest in them when I finally did hear them... there are better bands out there (as I'm sure you'll admit considering what you've said above) and I would rather explore different bands and genres of music than spend my time listening to what in my opinion is a pretty sub-standard rock band. NOT awful, I'll take that back if I said that - just not at all interesting to me.
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote