Music Banter - View Single Post - Found this interesting...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
JakeDTH
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
wow i haven't heard of Gob in forever (or did someone ripoff an old Canadian punk band's name?)
Nope, same band. Except they sound more like Sum 41 now (Rock, Alternative Metal) on their latest album "Muertos Vivos". You can listen to some of the album on playlist.com, look for these tracks:

"We're All Dying" - 3:26
"War is a Cemetery" - 3:13
"Dead End Love" - 3:22
"Prescription" - 3:03
"Underground" - 3:35
"Still Feel Nothing" - 4:38
"Banshee Song" - 4:41
"18" - 4:19
"About My Summer" - 3:45
"Face the Ashes" - 3:30
"Open Wounds" - 3:52
"Wake Up" - 4:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
personally i've used both the Ernie Ball 'not even slinky' .12s and the d'Addario Chromes .13s. they don't really cost much more than normal strings and both work fine, the Chromes are ribbon wound though so they'll feel quite different to your fingertips and have a much rounder and bassier tone.

d'Addario also offers string packs for downtuning your guitar as well. i wouldn't recommend using anything smaller than a set of .12s to go down to C. the strings will still feel rather soft which makes it easy to play bad sounding chords if you inadvertently pull the strings out of tune while forming the shape with your hand. nothing a little bit of practice won't overcome though.
Thanks You saying .12 or .012? Because I have a set of Acoustic strings here now that are .012-.053, of course I can't use those but they don't seem very thick or have very much tension.