Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundgarden
Thread: Soundgarden
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #162 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's the phenomenon whereby a middle of the road band who was kind of second-tier in their day can somehow become legendary if given enough time.
Thats true Janszoon, to me it seemed that Nirvana and Pearl Jam got most of the attention back in the day.
AC/DC did the same exact thing coming out of the 70s and on into the 80s, if you listened to AC/DC in the 70s, you were thought as having bad taste with your choice of music if you liked (basic 3 chord-style) of music by bands like AC/DC, ZZ-Top, and so on seemed the 'vibe' I remember, with musicians mainly, I mean we were listening to bands like Yes, Rush, etc.
But in the 80s, AC/DC was all in a sudden one of the hottest bands around, I guess mainly because of Back In Black, and all of a sudden, all of their older material was popular from there on, as well also.
Getting back to Soundgarden, I think that Audio Slave played a big role in helping Soundgarden gain recognition, I mean they're both totally two different bands musically, and not only that Cornell is considered by most as an all-time great rock vocalist, and if you really listen to Soungarden (and you 'get it') Soungarden is the best grunge band from their era in style, although I personally always liked more material by Alice & Chains over most of the other Seattle bands, still.. I like the style of Soundgarden as the grunge standard.
My Seattle list would be:
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote