Music Banter - View Single Post - Top Ten Arguments for the existence of God easily deflated.
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #84 (permalink)
Harry
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Because the theists are the ones blowing up my trade centers.

I hate people who act like "you believe what you believe, I'll believe what I'll believe, and everyone is happy". No, sorry, you Christians are the ones telling me I'm going to burn eternally in Hell for what I believe. Seems silly of me to just accept that.

Maybe I'm just being a confrontational youth, maybe I'll grow out of this. meh

Yes, people who blew up the trade centre happened to believe in God. So what? That obviously means all theists are hideous, horrible people. Do you hate Muslims, as well, specifically, because of that fact? I'm sure you could find plenty of atheists who've done awful things as well.

One, it's silly to refer to me as 'you christians' when i clearly just explained that I'm agnostic/absurdist. Honestly all you just did is make you, the atheist, seem like the intolerant one, which it's obvious you are being. I don't understand what's so wrong about telling everyone to mind their own ****ing business. Why is it such a matter to you if an old man wants God to believe in so that he can be at peace on his deathbed and hope that there's something waiting for him? Why's it such a matter to you that someone can use 'God' as hope for a better life?

Humans are creatures of rhyme and reason. We crave purpose. That's why religion and wot was likely formed in the first place. Just as if you may use 'music' to help you cope, who the **** cares if someone uses God.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote