Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #261 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Of course not. As with the fish, the efficiency of a strategy depends on the environment.

Imagine that the whole world is full of women and gay people who refuse to have sex with them. What do you think the fitness would be of the one heterosexual male in that population? Unless he was a hideous monster, it would likely be quite high and his heterosexual male children would thrive in such a world. Remember that a strategy that does well when a few does it may not be good when the majority does it. It's efficiency depends on the environment - which changes.

You are applying your idea of evolution to a whole species, talking about the "darwinian success" of homo sapiens and homosexuality. You can't do that, at least not without a solid educated foundation in evolution. It makes more sense to talk about the fitness of f.ex a specific gene in a specific environment. As that gene as well as others increase or decrease in the human population, the environment that gene is evolving in changes and, in response, so does it's effect on fitness.
He would be the luckiest motherf*cker ever.

Bigots think homosexuality is a contagious disease, they think because more people are coming out so rapidly it means more people are becoming homosexual at a rapid pace. Christians think it's a result of Satan's corruption and a sign of the end times.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote