Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think about talent shows?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraIT View Post
I like the TV talent show, I like to see young guys who are able to do something. certainly not all are good but someone talented will be discovered sooner or later. is the intelligence of the public understand what is good or bad. from "friends" have left dancers required by many schools of dance American, Canadian and many are doing spettacolianche east. singers like Karima, who today work with Burt Bacharach and many others ...
this is where most opinions will differ. for the most part tv talent shows are garbage. like you said in your original post, producers - not talent - are the ones rewarded. you have a very naive outlook on mass media if you honestly believe that hard work and talent will be rewarded if you persevere long enough. the truth of the matter is, if no one can make a financial profit from it, it's not going to happen, no matter how talented. then again, 'real' talent doesn't need to parade itself on tv before being recognized as valid (or commercially viable).

@ Captain Awesome - you seem to be painting all talent shows with the same brush. what about talent shows to determine whether or not potential candidates can enroll in an arts program? there's still an element of competition, only the best of the best get to go on to study and develop their craft. is this still 'wrong'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote