Music Banter - View Single Post - What strings do you use?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i've been a d'Addario man from the get go. i've tried other manufacturer's, Dean Markley, Ernie Ball, no names, homemade - but i've always gone back to d'Addario (although the one time i got a homemade bass string it was AWESOME).

i use .010s for regular electric action, .013s for tuning down to C, and 'Chromes' / ribbon wound for bass.
Seeing as we're giving more detail:

Right now my 7 string has Elixer 10's on it. I replace the low E and B with a .049 and a .066 respectively. Since they're low strings, I buy singles of whatever brand, and keep them on the guitar for 2 string changes whenever I replace the other 5. That keeps the low end of the gutiar nice and beefy without me shelling out lots of cash on sets of singles.

My 6 strings have a set of d'Addario 10's on them for the S2170FW, just standard 10's.
My Viper has 12-56 Ernie Balls on, since I wanted to strengthen my fingers and play some jazz.
My NEW 6 string is my 'Blues' guitar, so I have that set up with 11 guage elixers to give me more of that SRV vibe.

My acoustic 6 string has 12 guage Elixers on.
My Acoustic 12 string has 10 guage rotosounds on because they're cheap.
My classical guitar, I don't actually know what strings are on it, except I asked for regular classical strings and got whatever I got.

The other guitars in the house probably have d'addarios on, since I haven't changed the strings on those in forever, the guitars above get much more playtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote