Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundgarden
Thread: Soundgarden
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #201 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
agreed on all points and i think this is another angle of the band that came through their music and their personalities when they did random interviews. they were never a typical band of guys trying to get their ****s sucked and their egos jerked off. they just wanted to play their music and pay their bills.

hell, in a time where every band that had a minute of airtime was telling as many kids as possible to rage against the machine and bite the hand that feeds lest you compromise your artistic integrity with a modicum of business knowledge - SG was being open about starting their own publishing companies so they could retain all the copyrights to their music thereby ensuring the integrity of their creations via a modicum of business knowledge.

speaking of 'boring' bands from the 90s though, was there a more boring one than SG? no one was a junkie (or at least the public never found out). no one died. no major replacements after hitting big. no big drama. no rivalries / public nemesis. i'm honestly at a loss to think up another band made up of guys that 'dull'.
Its tough to do a Behind the Music with that criteria. Crash Test Dummies?