Music Banter - View Single Post - Ethical Responsibility of Art
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
And no, I don't believe in the privation of love. I've come to realize recently that everything deserves love, because everything has the potential for perfection and showing something love is the best way to guide it to that potential.
Okay, let me make sure I understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that there is no opposite of love? When I am talking about the privation of love and its existence, I am saying that there is an opposite to love, which is its absence. What I am interpreting your statement to mean is that you don't believe that love can be absent at all. If that is the case, then it is impossible to be unethical, (assuming that you said earlier that reflecting love is the ethical responsibility). If it is impossible, then can we really call it an ethical responsibility? Instead, we come back to what I was saying earlier, which is that you are using ethical responsibility as a synonym for necessity.

As far as the "using love to perfect" thing, I don't know your definition of perfection, though it seems that you see perfection as unity based on your posts. I don't see how loving inanimate objects would make them any more perfect though.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote