Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #1508 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

I'm up for the next one!

I completely forgot to review the album unrelenting sent me like.. 45 years ago I was looking through my music and thought "what? I don't even know who they are" and then I remembered. Jeeeeeeeesus. So here goes nothing

Well first things first: I'm not even close to knowing anything about Industrial. I used to listen to bands like Rammstein and Ruoska and that's as close as I ever got. So this is a learning experience. As I was listening to this album I could kinda tell it wasn't new. Minutes later I would find it came out in 2002 which I LOVE. Those were such awesome times for me. But anywho. This really sounds like something I would have listened to had I known it existed. At some points it sounds like full on Industrial (Human) but tracks like Hypersleep are surprisingly atmospheric, even pretty! And as you all know, me and atmosphere are musically married so that's a big plus.

When Survivor came on I got very, very excited because in many ways it reminds me of old school trance from the late 90s. Damn those were the days And in many ways brought back memories of the golden era. But alas, those days are over. I think I may have to revisit some.. maybe throw on some Solid Slide - Belo Horizonte up in this piece.

Overall I liked this a lot more than I though I would (though I didn't know what to expect) and kinda reminds me of the stuff I used to listen to. Thanks unrelenting! Sorry I took so damn long

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote