Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Snobs
Thread: Music Snobs
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Ha, I was a music snob to some jerk (about my age) on Omegle (a website). it was pretty funny, too. here's the story:

I was going onto Omegle to troll on people for fun, and I kinda got sick of of it because half of the people there are trolls, so I just wanted to talk to somebody. as soon as I connected, he/she greeted me and asked me what kind of music I listen to and what's my favorite band. I replied with my favorite genres and bands and I asked her (i'm guessing it's a she) what her favorite genres and bands are and she replied "oh, this obscure experimental band called My Chemical Romance. You've probably never heard of them."

I laughed so hard at that post that i just had to ask "are you a troll?" and she replied "no, i swear. I didn't make that band up. they have a wikipedia article, if you still don't believe me." and then i told her that My Chemical Romance is mainstream and I've heard of them and pretty much everybody else has and they're not experimental, she/it had a HUGE freakout. she kept on saying that I was a huge hipster and that I made Boards of Canada and NEU! up. she also went into a flurry of profanity saying that she looked up Boards of Canada on youtube and said that they were boring and new age crap for hippies and then she looked up my favorite NEU! song and said that I was a classic rock dinosaur and needed to listen to more modern music Ect.

a few minutes later, in a flurry of profanity and hipster-related insults, I realized that this wasn't how a troll would normally react, and that she/it was serious about it. I told her to tell me her favorite songs and she came up with some BrokeNCYDE, some Fall Out Boy, some other band I really don't care about and another band I couldn't be bothered to listen to and enjoy. I looked the songs up anyways (just in case if they were actually good) and she goes on about how experimental those bands are while i'm looking them up. I listened to the songs, and... they showed no signs of experimentalism, no signs of rhythmic play, no signs of anything considered experimental and i replied: "son (or daughter), this is music for the radios, not for claims of experimentalism and innovation."

She/it got so mad that she started saying that I have no taste in music and I deserve to die, and that I was boring and stuff. I linked her to the Urban Dictionary definition of annoying, and she got REAL butthurt and started saying stuff like "GO AWAY, YOU PRETENTIOUS F@G", "YOU SUCK, YOU DINOSAUR!", "GO LISTEN TO WHATEVER POP CRAP YOU LISTEN TO!", and "I'M REPORTING YOU TO OMEGLE"

well, she reported me to omegle, and nothing happened. but was it ever fun. i wish I saved the chat log though .

TL;DR version:
some people are truly ridiculous, so it's alright to be a music snob to them.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote