Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #4609 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Last FM is p*ssing me off, I have 242 plays for 'The Pixies'

However, it says:

"This may be an incorrect tag for the rock band Pixies. Please fix your tags if you intended on scrobbled music by that artist."

and has the Last. FM keep stats clean image, instead of a band picture.

I wanna know how to fix it without losing all them plays. Anybody less n00bish know if it's possible?
You could *try* setting auto-correct on in your settings ("website" tab) and it *might* correct previous plays (and anything else you may have incorrect tags for). I remember when this feature was first introduced, it was on by default and everyone's play counts shifted. When I turned it off, it readjusted everything. I think. I do not use this feature, as I'm pretty meticulous with my tags and found that it sometimes auto-corrected stuff incorrectly. Not sure what would happen if you turned it on. I assume you have it off, otherwise your plays would have auto-corrected to Pixies. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is the only way I know that you could possibly convert your plays from The Pixies to Pixies. Otherwise, I suggest clearing all your The Pixies plays, create a playlist of 242 Pixies tracks (fix your tags first), and play it while you sleep.

Regardless of what you do, fix your tags.