Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

No worries, I've got some good electronica up my sleeve for you guys. such as this one:

#48: Kona Triangle: Sing A New Sapling Into Existence

To tell you the truth, I haven't even heard of Lone until My friend recommended this to me. Apparently Lone is a part of Kona Triangle, and I probably will check Lone out when my internet decides to be faster. Whoops, I got off topic, I will go back to talking about this, now. okay. this is an electronic/IDM-ish/something album, that has a few odd time signatures, old-school-ish synth and a great overall feel. It reminds me of Selected Ambient Works 85-92 era Aphex Twin. The album also has a distinctly tropical feel, as heard on Airlock and Mango Rubicon. This is a good album for fans of Flying Lotus and (from what I've heard among the electronic community) Lone.

#47: Maserati: Inventions For The New Season

I would probably like U2 if it weren't for Bono. His vocals get on my nerves. I don't know why, though. What if we removed the vocals altogether? you would get Maserati, the instrumental U2. Whatever you do, don't listen to the Pitchfork review of this album. This is a great post-rock album, with some pretty solid tracks. They even wander into Ambient territory with the intro to the second song 12 16, and they pulled it off so nicely. I was recommended this back when I first started listening to post-rock. I must say, even after two years, this album still held up well and withheld the test of time. My favorite track on this album is The World Outside. it begins with an interesting guitar loop and builds up throughout the song. Fascinating listen, I must say.

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 08-05-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote