Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #7535 (permalink)
dankrsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
Actually, film does rely on technology because it didn't exist until thousands of years later with the invention of film recording...
And painting didn't exist until humans figured out how to use carbon, pigments and fingers (among other tools). That's also a technology. It's a tool, without it you can't make any art (film included). But that doesn't insure your art will be good.

I could have easily made an analogy with music. Without an instrument or a voice (but that's also an instrument, a tool) you can't make a song. Will that song be good doesn't depend on what instrument you use, but how you use it. In the same way, whether a film will be good doesn't depend on what technology is used, but how it is used. Get it now. Don't be confused by film's more complex technology. It's still just a tool.

Look, I'm not arguing with you and trace that you can't like what you like. I'm just saying that you can't dismiss older films because they're not technologically advanced anymore compared to today's. Use another argument.