Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beginner's Guide to...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #789 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

The Beginner’s Guide to Zarko’s Hip Hop Favourites

I figured rather than trying to cram everything across all genres into a single compilation I would break it into the predominant genres, and given I am in a phase at the moment I thought I would start there. There is some obscure stuff, but it’s a decent balance between the known and the unknown. There’s some rapping, only in about 4 of the tracks. Either way, I hope it gets a go from a few of you. I can’t put all of my favourites on there (Given some are 60 minute long mixtapes), but we will see how it goes. Sometimes I couldn’t pick a single track that best represented the albums entirety; this is most obvious with Onra. Chinoiseries is full of 1-2 minute tracks that are all varied enough for no single song to actually represent what’s great about the album as a whole. DJ Signify’s was a cut up mixtape so it was a bit difficult to choose a single ‘track’. Techno Animal's album has about half instrumental and half feat. MC's, but IMO the rapping songs are much more interesting, but too difficult to pick one defining song.

DJ Signify – 1
Siah and Yeshua – Gravity
Onra – Chop Your Hands
DJ Shadow – The Number Song
Juggaknots – Sex Type Thang
Buddy Peace – Auburn Pelog Error
Rubberoom – Acid
Sixtoo - Jackals and Vipers in Envy of Man Part 7
Techno Animal – Cruise Mode 101
Glen Porter – And Death Of

LINK

Last edited by Zarko; 08-06-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote